After being the victim of a robbery earlier in the week, Charles Leclerc has vowed that his effort at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix will not be harmed.
After his watch was taken from his wrist ahead of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, Charles Leclerc has expressed how he is feeling.
Leclerc’s $320,000 Richard Mille watch was reportedly stolen after he paused to pose for photos with admirers in the Via Salvatori region of Italy on Monday evening, according to sources.
Although Leclerc was unharmed in the encounter, he says it was an uncomfortable surprise.
“I won’t go too much into details,” the Ferrari driver told media, including RacingNews365.com.
“It hasn’t been a great experience, but yeah, I cannot say much more than that.”
Leclerc will not be “harmed” over the racing weekend despite the incident
According to Leclerc, the police are now looking into the situation.
“Obviously everything is going on with the police, and they are trying to find them,” he explained.
“It hasn’t been as smooth as what I’ve read.”
Leclerc insists that the incident will not have an impact on his performance at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
“Overall, I am fine and now fully focused to the weekend,” the World Championship leader said.
“It won’t hurt me for this weekend.”
Charles Leclerc, F1, F1 2022, Ferrari, Formula 1, Grand Prix